Operating System - Microsoft
1751917 Members
4979 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Cannot find server or DNS Error

I am getting the following, can anyone help?
I set SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0 bt no help.

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
click Detect Network Settings
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Internet Explorer

2 REPLIES 2
Mic V.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cannot find server or DNS Error

Hi,

It's possible that the site you're trying to access is down or that some facet of networking between you and it is unavailable.

How to troubleshoot varies depending on your site and how you're connected to the Internet.

Some basic starters include:
- can you reach any web sites at all? if not, then your host (PC, laptop, etc) is misconfigured or your connection to the Internet is not working (your dialup connection is not working, firewall is blocking you, cables unplugged, ISP down, etc) I'm assuming you can reach this site, but you might be doing it from someone else's computer. :)
- if you can reach some web sites and not this one, then have you ever reached this one successfully? If you have in the past and not now, then something has changed (your host/PC, your networker, their networking, their web site)
- if you have never reached this web site correctly, you may have the wrong name (in addition to all of the above possible problems). You can try Start->Run, "cmd" or "command" (depending on which Windows you're running). Once you get the (usually) black command/DOS window, try:

nslookup my.domain.name

where you substitute the real site name for the "my.domain.name" string. Remember, if you start with a "web address" or URL like this:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums

then the part you want is the "forums1.itrc.hp.com" -- i.e.,

nslookup forums1.itrc.hp.com

If you get an error message (there are several, sorry, and this is already long), then there are several possibilities. One is that the name of the site does not exist. Another is that the DNS (Domain Name Service) on your system is not configured right.

Hope this helps. There's a lot more explanation, this is a starter.

Mic
What kind of a name is 'Wolverine'?
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Re: Cannot find server or DNS Error

Hi,

Are you talking about the hp forums?
Once in a while you don't have dns access and the forums are not available. I guess, they stop dns to do some work on the machines. So don't worry,

greetings,

Michael