Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot run the projector on Compaq EVO 800v

Hakan C Bulut
Occasional Visitor

Cannot run the projector on Compaq EVO 800v

We cannot run the projector that we purchased on our laptop Compaq EVO 800v. Projector is Mitsubishi LVP-x300U. We already called Mitsubishi technical support and they advised us to contact HP. Our resolition settings are same as the projector's (1024x768) and we tried to press function+F4 button simultaneously to get it running but it did not work either
4 REPLIES
paolo barila
Valued Contributor

Re: Cannot run the projector on Compaq EVO 800v

try
-right click on desktop->properties
-settings
-advanced
-visualization
choose monitor/tv...

(sorry if translation is wrong, mine is in italian)
share share share
Hakan C Bulut
Occasional Visitor

thank you for the advise, I followed it up until advanced, but there is no visualisation after that.
There is a monitor button in the menu though and there default monitor is selected.
paolo barila
Valued Contributor

there you should be able to switch to the right output (tv? I think)
share share share
Alan_152
Honored Contributor

Have you tried Fn-F3, Fn-F5, or Fn-F8? I find that every laptop has a different combination for switching modes...

Also, in the device manager, is their a 2nd display being listed? I could be that the default settings for the internal lcd are incompatible with the projector.

Finally, I'd recommend bios and display card driver updates...