Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cartridge Light is blinking

Jill_9
Occasional Visitor

Cartridge Light is blinking

My printer cartridge light is blinking. It started after my finger bumped it while it was printing. (I was trying to prevent a paper Jam). I have changed the cartridge, reinstalled it, tried everything they suggested under troubleshooting and the hp troubleshooting page. Nothing is working and it won't print. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Re: Cartridge Light is blinking

If someone is to help you, they'll need to know the model of the printer.

Thanks.

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Jill_9
Occasional Visitor

Oops!! I have a Hewlett Packard Deskjet 722C. Thanks!
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Jill:

Do you have both an HP 45 AND an HP 23 ink cartridge installed? Do you fel/hear them 'snap' into place when you install them? Have you tried ALL the troubleshooting steps for your printer's condition in:

http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/document.jhtml?reg=&cc=&prodId=dj722c&lc=en&docName=bpd09179 ?

If the answer to all three is yes and your printer is out of warranty, it may be time to buy a new one. Before you do, go to http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/CategoryHome/1,,220,00.html and post this in the printers forum. They have people over there who are amazingly knowledgeable about HP printers.

Good luck!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger