108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Color Sync with A4032A moniter in winxp

SOLVED
Go to solution
Donnie Hargis
Occasional Contributor

Color Sync with A4032A moniter in winxp

I have a HP A4032A monitor and the blue is off sync with the green and red. It is 2 pixels lower and 1 pixel left of the R+G. Is there any way to correct this with software? I have a geforce 4 mx video card. Ive tried moving the BNC plugs around with no luck, i have 2 more i can try if that could be the problem... or does anyone know of software that will simply move the blue up 2 pixels and right 1?
6 REPLIES 6
Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor

Sounds like a convergence issue to me. I'd say the monitor is at fault. Used to be on old color tv's we would spend hours adjusting the odd coils and pots in order to get all three guns to line up the same. Nowadays the things are permanently aligned so you don't have to mess with it. Looks like something has gone out on yours tho. I suppose you could open it up and see if there are any adjustments left but I doubt it plus beware there are some dangerous voltages lurking in there. Probably better to get a new monitor.

Ron
Donnie Hargis
Occasional Contributor

So if it is the monitor, theres still no software anyones heard of that will correct it?
John Collier
Esteemed Contributor

Donnie,

This should be an eye opener for you. According to the HP web site, they aren???t even listing your monitor for drivers and/or support (at least not in the searching I just did).

I???m no expert on monitors, but when the company that sells it no longer acknowledges it I usually feel like it???s time to get a newer one. Especially if the old one is giving me problems.

As far as software that will solve a hardware problem, it???s every programmer???s dream but I???m not aware of any yet.

Just my $0.02 for what it???s worth???
"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." Stephen Krebbet, 1793-1855
Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor
Solution

I'm not sure of the frequency involved but since there are three separate cables it is possible that a different length on the blue cable could slow down or speed up the signal enough to mask the problem. We used to do that with radar if cables to get the phase correct back in the old days.

Ron
Donnie Hargis
Occasional Contributor

after all that i found out convergance adjustment is what the conv setting is for.... completely fixed my problem, my moniter is sharper now than most new ones i see for sale, amazing since its manufacture date is jan 94
thanks for the help guys.
Jon Finley
Honored Contributor

Ron.. Let me guess .. taking odd number of quarter wavelengths to phase the two?

Jon (N7SFF)
"Do or do not. There is no try!" - Yoda