Operating System - Microsoft
1752511 Members
4513 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Compaq V4000 DVD/CD Drive not recognised!

nsmith_1

Compaq V4000 DVD/CD Drive not recognised!

I've looked around the forums and ive tried all the solutions that have been posted for this problem so far to no avail.

I've had my laptop about 8 months and for the past month or so the DVD/CD Combo drive hasnt been working, i cant burn cds or even listen to a music cd etc.

My DVD drive doesnt show in My computer or device manager, if i put a cd in i can hear the drive working and the light on the side flashes but nothing happens in windows. I would try a reinstall of windows but i cant use the cd drive.

I've tried the XP CD-DVD-Fix patch and I've tried deleting the filters from my registry but nothing works.

If anyone could help id really appreciate it!
4 REPLIES 4
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Re: Compaq V4000 DVD/CD Drive not recognised!

There are several items under BIOs, firmware, operating system, and software that might be helpful. See:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=434623тМй=en&os=228

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger

Can you boot laptop from the CD?
(check the boot order from bios first)

If not you DVD/CD maybe brouken!
(DVD/CD not disabled from bios either?)

If boot then you have problem in the windows.
george calvert
Occasional Advisor

nsmith,
I know it has been a while since you posted.

I hope you got your drive to work. If not, have you thought to download a new copy of the driver and install it. Either go to the HP website or go to the dvd/cd maker's website for a new driver.
I have had this problem when my driver either got corrupted or I reinstalled my OS.
Good Luck,
george
Dundalk1
gabgonz

I've had this same problem with my V4000 since soon after I got it. It slows the performance of the computer so I've even tried removing the drive from the system profile to keep the laptop from stumbling. I'll look for an updated driver.