Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer Time Lock

ADFreebing
Occasional Visitor

Computer Time Lock

Teenagers are playing computer excessively at night. Is there a way to set the computer clock to have the computer shutdown during certain times, for example, 10:00 pm to 6:00 am? I would like shutoff to be changed by me alone, not a situation where the kids will know how to turn it back on during the hours I want them to be off.
3 REPLIES
tripper91
Frequent Advisor

Re: Computer Time Lock

Hi

im not sure if there is a non physical way to stopping people from turning on PC, unless you cut the power?? but as for automated shut down visit the sites below:

www.accuratesolution.net/solutions/automatically-turn-off.htm

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/scheduledshutdown.html

Good Luck
tripper91
Frequent Advisor

also if you have a server you can deny access to specific accounts at specific times
Ernesto Cappello
Trusted Contributor

Hi you can use the Mcrisoft Scheduled Tasks tool to insert

1) Click on Add Scheduled Task
2) Create a .bat file with the followin row to lock your computer
"%windir%\system32\rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation"
3) Set the time

BR
Ernesto