Operating System - Microsoft
1753950 Members
7579 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Computer quit working please reply soon!

SOLVED
Go to solution
Vonda van Raamt
Frequent Advisor

Computer quit working please reply soon!

while it was running unattended, it quit working. We tried to disconnect the power cord and re connect. All what it did on several tries was come on for less than a second and quit again. would some one know if it is the power supply box inside the pc or could it be the hard drive? Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

Re: Computer quit working please reply soon!

Just check power connection. it cant be hard drive.
Vonda van Raamt
Frequent Advisor

I am happy to hear that, I will have to take it to a shop since I have no clue on how to check the power connection besides connecting it to a different outlet. I will keep you posted
Alan_152
Honored Contributor
Solution

Sounds like the power supply is going bad or has a leaky capacitor. Try this: unplug the computer from the wall for a day or two. Just before plugging it back in, hit the power switch a few times.

If the computer comes back up after that, it'll run long enough for you to secure your data onto removable media -- do this before taking your computer in for replacement of the power supply.
Vonda van Raamt
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Alan, I took it to a shop and they confirmed the problem was a leaky capacitator (he showed it to me on the mother board)We have now the new PC.