New Discussion юеВ

Re: Copy Pasting on HP-UX terminals

SOLVED
Go to solution
Shivkumar
Super Advisor

Copy Pasting on HP-UX terminals

Hi,

I use SecureCRT Version 5.5.3 to connect to HP unix servers.

Sometime when i copy and paste to the terminal i see the command pasted 2 times.

Is this problem with terminal or secureCRT ?
I usually see this problem with couple of unix servers.

Thanks,
Shiv
13 REPLIES 13
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

its a setting of your session,

did you try to make the same setting from scratch ???

mikap
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

There are many ways to copy and paste with SecureCRT. You can highlight the text and press CTRL+Insert, then paste the result in the same window or Notepad or Word or another SecureCRT windows with Shift+Insert.

Or you can highlight the text, then press the left mouse button and you'll see a selection of copy/paste options. In the same window, the copy+paste option is quite useful.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
Shivkumar
Super Advisor

I was trying to copy from notepad and pasting on terminals.
Steven Schweda
Honored Contributor

> I was trying to copy from notepad and
> pasting on terminals.

If the problem is with copy and paste between
two programs running on a Windows system,
then does it really have anything to do with
HP-UX?
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

> I was trying to copy from notepad and pasting on terminals.

Still lots of choices: How did you copy from Notepad? Did you highlight the text then use CTRL+Insert or CTRL+v? Or have you turned on the Windows copy-paste option in SecureCRT (see http://www.vandyke.com/support/tips/nl102004.html for details). And when you pasted the text, did you use CTRL-v or Shift+Insert? Or do you use a special macro that enables the right mouse button to paste text?

Is this behavior 100% repeatable or is it erratic? Do you have a flaky keyboard or mouse? Are you pasting into a vi session or just on the shell's command line? Or are you pasting into a special application?

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
Shivkumar
Super Advisor

I have you turned on the Windows copy-paste option in SecureCRT.

I become powerbroker user and paste the commands on the shell prompt from mouse middle button for paste.

Is there any command to refresh terminal/tty ?
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

> I become powerbroker user and paste the commands on the shell prompt from mouse middle button for paste.

It is fairly unusual to use a 3 button mouse -- this is more common with Xwindows. Try using standard Windows shortcuts instead, Shift+Insert or Ctrl-v.

> Is there any command to refresh terminal/tty ?

Refresh? Do you mean reset the SecureCRT settings? Or do you mean how to recall a previous shell command?

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
Shivkumar
Super Advisor

I mean refreshing the tty terminals. I know there is some commands but don't remember now.
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor
Solution

> I mean refreshing the tty terminals.

I don't know what refresh means. Do you mean how to clear the screen? If you are running vi, then the character CTRL-L will rewrite the screen. There is no such feature in the shell as the shell does not remember the screen contents.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin