Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC7800 Driver boot floppy PC-DOS

Georges44
Occasional Contributor

DC7800 Driver boot floppy PC-DOS

I try to make a boot floppy (PC-DOS) for DC7800 machine. The same disk works on various machines, but on DC7800 it does not discover the DVD/CD Drive wich is identified as "TSSTcorp CD DVDW TS-H653Q" in hardware management vista.
I get a message "no drive found" while boot and no CD is identified
Is that a special driver ?
Below, config.sys and autoexec.bat
=====================================
COUNTRY=041,850,\COUNTRY.SYS
DEVICE = oakcdrom.sys /D:cd1
DEVICE = btdosm.sys
DEVICE = flashpt.sys
DEVICE = btcdrom.sys /D:cd2
DEVICE = aspi2dos.sys
DEVICE = aspi8dos.sys
DEVICE = aspi4dos.sys
DEVICE = aspi8u2.sys
DEVICE = inicd.sys /D:cd3
DEVICE=\DISPLAY.SYS CON=(,,1)
LASTDRIVE = Z
=====================================
@echo off
MODE.COM CON CP PREP=((850) \EGA.CPI)
MODE.COM CON CP SEL=850
KEYB.COM sf,,\KEYBOARD.SYS /ID:150
SET TZ=GHO-01:00
MOUSE.COM
CLS
LH \MSCDEX.EXE /D:cd1 /D:cd2 /D:cd3
2 REPLIES
PhilipHarvey
Occasional Advisor

Re: DC7800 Driver boot floppy PC-DOS

I have the same problem with DC7900 computers. We use Ghost to deploy images to our computers, but this requires the DOS CD driver to be working. So far I tried the open source GCDROM as well and this also can not detect the TS-H653Q
The TS-H653Q must be a new drive since our older DC7800 computers are all working OK
PhilipHarvey
Occasional Advisor

Re: DC7800 Driver boot floppy PC-DOS

I tried setting the SATA emulation to IDE, which is the default on our old DC7800 computers, and this worked.
Perhaps a new version of the BIOS firmware has changed the default setting for this.