New Discussion

DL360P Gen8 Hyper-V

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rahamim
Occasional Contributor

DL360P Gen8 Hyper-V

Hi everyone,

We have 3 DL360P Gen8 with OS server 2016 and Hyper-V installed on them. Recently, we had an ISCSI network issue which forced us to check for drivers and firmwares ( I thought I installed everything but apparently not...) 2 of the servers went perfectly. The last one did install what was required but, After restarting the server I wasn't able to live migrate my VM's back to that server because of this error "Failed live migrate because "Virtual Machine Name" is using processor-specific features not supported on host "Node 1."".

Since it worked before the updates I don't know what to do. I don't know which update caused this...
The BIOS version is P71 and the processor is Intel XEON E5-2650 V2 on all servers.

I really need help here because it will be too much work to start shutting down servers and allowing to migrate to a different processor version.

Thanks in advance,

UPDATE: Apparently when deploying the firmware it changed some settings that mitigated the Spectre\Meltdown vulnerabilities. I'm running windows updates and will reinstall some drivers to check if that helps.

Rahamim.

1 REPLY 1
Rahamim
Occasional Contributor
Solution

Re: DL360P Gen8 Hyper-V

Apparently the HP updates that I ran changed settings that mtigated the spectre\meltdown vulnerability. I ran windows updates to patch to this month's updates and it repaired the problem. (The server itself was pathced last month)