In addition, there is no minidump file.
Anyone know how to fix this problem?
6 REPLIES 6
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: DL380 G7 randomly restarts

Hey!

Does the iML - ILO log say anything?
To me this event looks like some kind of power reset (Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power) - so maybe you are having some kind of power issues?
Kyuyong-Kwon
Advisor

Thank you for your quick reply
i was not configured ILO.
and there is no anyting error with HP system management homepage.
Exactly, we did not shutdown or power reset.
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Check for airflow problems (fans, blockage) and consider SP1.

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
gokale
Occasional Advisor

Can you please provide us the screen shots of the IML Logs and SIM page scress shot and what version of the PSP is running on the server?

Eric Dedering

Hello,

I have been having the exact same issue.  In the IML log I would get 1719 errors and that would be it.  I opened an HP support ticket and verified that firmware 3.66(B) was installed for the storage controller.  It was, so they replaced the backup battery write cache boards.  This seemed to work. 

Also, I just noticed today building a new server that a new firmware for the storage controller was just released that solved the following issues:

Problems Fixed:

Resolved the following issues:

• An issue resulting in a server hang during the boot process when a Smart Array controller is configured without a cache module.
  • An issue that prevented a successful server PXE boot.
  • An issue that resulted in never completing an IO request after outstanding read and write requests overlapped the same block range. This issue can potentially cause controller hang with no lockup code as a result.
  • An apparent hot-swap of a disk drive is reported even though the drive was not physically hot-plugged.

• Flash-based cache modules caused a controller failure at POST, displaying one of the following error messages:

┬╖ 1783-Slot # Drive Array Controller Failure

┬╖ 1719-Slot [x] Drive Array - A controller failure event occurred prior to this power-up (previous lock-up code = 0x11) [or other lock-up codes] (RESUME = "F1" KEY)

• The release of HP Smart Array firmware version 3.52 caused a regression in rebuild performance while in Zero Memory Raid mode.
  • A Smart Array P812 controller attached to multiple MSA 60 storage systems may encounter a lockup condition (lockup code 0XAB) during heavy I/O workload.
  • In the 5.06 (B) version - Fixed an issue that caused the component to hang during installation under a Japanese Language version of the OS.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=MTX-350f0ad92d3d4f73ad96fba357&mode=5&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=3883890

Hope that helps.  This problem has been driving me nuts for months.

Regards,

Eric

nhbilly
Frequent Advisor

Is there no memory dump from windows?