Operating System - Microsoft
1753565 Members
6245 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL380p issues installing Windows

andrewvs

DL380p issues installing Windows

We have a DL30p Gen8 with 16GB RAM and 600GB on a single disk.

The iLO is configured and works. We have tried using Intelligent Provisioing but get the following error:

Windows cannot find the Microsoft Software License Terms. Make sure the installation sources are valid and restart the installation.

The Windows 2016 Data Center ISO file is on a USB stick formated as ExFat. Using Intelligent Provisioning we complete all of the information, select the ISO on the USB stick. The installation progresses, the server reboots and starts WIndows and then we get the error.

ISO file: Windows_Server_2016_Datacenter_EVAL_en-us_14393_refresh.ISO

I'd be grateful for any ideas.

2 REPLIES 2
support_s
System Recommended

Query: DL380p issues installing Windows

System recommended content:

1. HP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 Server - Windows 2008 Chinese Version Installation Issue

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

TVVJ
HPE Pro

Re: DL380p issues installing Windows

Hello,

The error suggests that the issue could probably with the image that is being used in Intelligent Provisioning. Please check if a production version of Windows operating system installs without issue.

If it installs, then it could either be an issue with the installation media or that the evalutation image is designed to behave a certain way.

If this is not resolving the issue, the please contact HPE Support for further assistance.

Regards,

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo