1752519 Members
5100 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DVD-16X DVD-ROM BDV316G PROBLEMS

Emil Gillberg
Frequent Advisor

DVD-16X DVD-ROM BDV316G PROBLEMS

Hi again all. I am having problems with my DVD-ROM drive. When I turn my computer on the amber light on the on and off button stays lit. Then when I go into my computer, the DVD Drive (F:) is not shown. I can restart my computer, which is a hp Pavilion 753n running Windows XP Home Edition with SP 2 and 768 MB of RAM, and sometimes the amber light will go off, the DVD Drive (F:) will show up in my computer and it will work fine until I turn it off again and whala, same issue. I have went into the device manager and deleted the DVD-ROM drive with the same results as restarting the computer. I have also opened the box, cleaned out the dust, made sure all connections were tight, went to the hp site and looked for an updated driver, it doesn't show one so that did not solve the issue either. When I can get the Drive to show up on my computer the trouble shooter says it is working properly. Is there any thing else I can do or do I need to replace the DVD-ROM Drive? If I need to replace it, any suggestions on a replacement model and where can I get hp instructions on how to do it for my computer model? I hope I have posted this in the correct forum and my apologies for being so long winded but I wanted to be thorough. My thanks and appreciation for any help you may provide. Emil
3 REPLIES 3
Dexter Filmore
Honored Contributor

Re: DVD-16X DVD-ROM BDV316G PROBLEMS

Bad cable perhaps? If you have 2 IDE cables installed try installing the DVD drive onto the other one. Or replace the existing cable if you have a spare.
Emil Gillberg
Frequent Advisor

Hi Dexter. I tried your suggestions with negative results. This is really strange, the DVD Drice works good when I can get it to show up on my computer. I think my next step is to put up with it as is and see if Santa brings me a new drive for Christmas. Thanks you for your response and help, I appreciate you much. Emil
Emil Gillberg
Frequent Advisor

Think the drive need to be replaced. Will wait unil this one stops working all together or Santa brings me a new one.