108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DVD player's region problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Cheng Luo_1
Advisor

DVD player's region problem

I changed a few times of DVD regions between North America and Europe. and now I can not change any more. Is there some way to solve the problem? Thanks! CHeng
7 REPLIES 7
Cheng Luo_1
Advisor

So there is no antidote? Cheng
Robert Johnston
Occasional Advisor
Solution

DVD Players sold in the United States have a limit of 5 changes. The number of times you change regions is stored on the DVD player. Now you must buy a new DVD player, or go underground to find illegitimate ways around problem. Good luck.
Jose Antonio Orozco
Frequent Advisor

look at http://forum.rpc1.org

Depending on your model, DVDGenie could be required ...
What is not backed up, it not exists
Cheng Luo_1
Advisor

Thank you! I found a DVD Genie, called DVD region +├В┬┤CSS free. But it didnt work even they clain a 30 days free trial, The real function for change region function is not activated. Of course I am not sure that the software really solve the problem because my DVD player software is cDVDplay which is not adddressed in their insturction, but it also say they can manage all the DVD region free.

Che
Cheng Luo_1
Advisor

Can someone tell me a free software that can change my DVD player region? Thank you very much in advance!

Cheng
Manoj Kumar A
Advisor

By flashing the firmware of the DVD drive, you will have a chance to change the DVD region settings again for another 5 times. Please chose the appropriate DVD firmware.

You check the link below:
http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/firmware.html

If you are luck enough!!! You will find your DVD drive listed in the above link.

regards,
Manoj Anantha
Stuart Allcock

I've got the same problem. I've only changed it once and it didn't warn me I was making a last change (bastards)! Have you had any other luck?

Thanks,

Stuart - XE3 Omnibook