Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted a user and it deleted my bank information

Jean Marie Kirby
Occasional Contributor

Deleted a user and it deleted my bank information

I thank all who replied, and some asked for more information. I have Compaq Presario PC using Windows 2000XP. I was using Quicken 2005 First Time User because it was on my computer and I had been using 2003 basic. It warned if I deleted a user, email and some personal information would not be saved. It was involved to back up on my computer with a disc so I thought back up on computer was fine, that is what I had been doing. I also had brought the financial information into the user I was going to use and gave it administrative powers which I took away from the one to be deleted. After I deleted the user I could not find the Quicken file. I went to restore my computer to previous dates and it restored but it does not change or restore personal documents. I tried everything and looked everywhere and I afraid I have given up but I lost very important information and have a huge job. I only find back up that I could use to mid-2006. I started this computer and program in January 2006 and have backed it up on computer. But the computer is a little involved to back up on disc especially when copies were read-only. I do appreciate all who answered and tried to help.