7880 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DeskJet 870cxi & Windows ME

j Bunton

DeskJet 870cxi & Windows ME

Installation of the driver supplied with Windows ME does not print correctly
1. Ocasionally characters have overtyped symbols on them
2. Graphics printing on the 'fine' setting. Images have lines of characters/symbols in them

Installed the windows 95 driver which came with the printer (some years ago) allOK BUT on sharing using windowsworkgroup - Machine using shared printer(using win 95) only part of the document prints together with numerous empty pages

3. HP web site sugest downloading win 98 driver BUT download fails (UK Site) while loading winshield!
Wanabe
1 REPLY 1
Jamie Hughes
Honored Contributor

Re: DeskJet 870cxi & Windows ME

Hello,

Yes, you should definitely use the win98 driver since it is the same for ME. I know you said you had trouble downloading from the UK site. Can you get to this site in the US?

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/printers/software/dj880en.exe.html

I found the driver you are looking for at that page and was able to download (from the US). I would email it to you but it's over 4mb and that won't go thru my mail server.

Try pulling it down from the US site or try it from another machine. If you still can't download the driver you need, give the printer support group a call at the phone number listed in the back of your manual. Sorry you're having trouble with the driver.

Best regards,
Jamie Hughes