1748275 Members
3788 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Deskpro EN 40BX-AGP - Indy

Claudio Papapietro
Occasional Advisor

Deskpro EN 40BX-AGP - Indy

I have a compaq that comes up with the above model number when I check the serial number on the compaq site. however, i can't find any info on the computer based on this number. does anyway know if there is another model number to this computer? It's a deskpro serial number 6005 DKZD A004. Pentium III 667mhz. Thanks.
14 REPLIES 14
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Re: Deskpro EN 40BX-AGP - Indy

Claudio:

Try going to this website:
http://www.lavalys.com/
and get a copy of Everest Home edition. It should give you the specific model information you need.

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Claudio Papapietro
Occasional Advisor

Thank you, but I don't see what one thing has to do with the other.
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Claudio:

I thought you wanted to get the correct model number of your computer. The Everest Home program will retrieve that information from your computer (at least it did from mine).

If that's not your goal, then I'm sorry I misunderstood you.

Make a great day!

Roger

Make a great day!

Roger
Omar Senussi
Honored Contributor

Whole raft of en models.. here
http://search.hp.com/query.html?hpvc=US+-+EnglishтМй=eng&ctry=us&qt=+Compaq+Deskpro+EN++indy&la=en
If you can keep your head whilst all around you are losing theirs... You haven't understood the situation!
Claudio Papapietro
Occasional Advisor

Oh. I see now. Thank you very much. That is what I'm trying to do.
Claudio Papapietro
Occasional Advisor

Thanks again. Downloaded Everest and its got tons of other stuff I've wanted to know too.
Omar Senussi
Honored Contributor

Good!
If you have a specific issue, do share it!.. we'll see if we can find the solution for you!
If you can keep your head whilst all around you are losing theirs... You haven't understood the situation!
Claudio Papapietro
Occasional Advisor

No issue. I just want to install a second internal hard drive on the computer. It only came with 8 GB and I want to push it up to around 140 GB. The interface on the hard drive it has now is Ultra-ATA/66. Does any new hard drive that I install have to have that same interface? Thank you.
Omar Senussi
Honored Contributor

Just be aware two things that you need to check.. bios support for larger drives (or lack thereof!) can get around some of those with the drive overlay software that comes with some drives...
Also, you can add in a newer faster PCI controller, if you are a serious speed merchant... as these support much bigger drives.. and with better performance.