Operating System - Microsoft
1748235 Members
3611 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Disabling built in video on an HP Pavilion 7020 (75 MHz)

Daniel March

Disabling built in video on an HP Pavilion 7020 (75 MHz)

Is there a way to disable the built in video on the 7020? I tried to install an ATI Rage 120 Pro video card(PCI ) once the new card is inserted the machine fails to boot... It beeps, three times if I remember correctly... It seems to me that it is going to be necessary to disable the built in video...
4 REPLIES 4
Irving Lopez
Advisor

Re: Disabling built in video on an HP Pavilion 7020 (75 MHz)

HI,
you disable your built-in video card changing the mother board jumping setting. A mother board user manual must be shipped with your pc.
TAMA
Daniel March

Um, problem is that I do not have the motherboard manual... Would it be possible for me to obtain it in PDF form?
Denver Osborn
Honored Contributor

Only thing I've managed to find online was for a 3200 series... have a look, it might help.
http://www.hp.com/cposupport/personal_computing/support_doc/bph04534.html
Joseph Keel

Hmm, I've been working on the exact same computer! :) I also did not recieve any motherboard jumper setting information, just a quickstart guide and some info on system specs and upgrading. I also got sick of the trio and upgraded with a Permedia1 4meg PCI card. It is functional, but the trio is still active and I wanted to disable it just for peace of mind. I tried changing jumpers in several positions, but no luck. I'm not sure that they intended for it to be ever disabled.
I've experienced this same problem when upgrading a Packard Bell from this same time period. These products work solid, but the engineers were not thorough enough, the case designs on both say it all.. lol