1753444 Members
5105 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Error Message

Jason Peek

Error Message

Hi, when i open help and support center and click on checkup or repair it gives HTTP 403 forbidden message?? please help
5 REPLIES 5
Jon Pinkley
Honored Contributor

I think you should ask in a Windows forum instead of a VMS forum.
it depends
Art Wiens
Respected Contributor

Every time one of these comes in, I go back to the main forums page and look again, but I just can't figure out how people end up in the VMS area when they clearly are looking for help in another.

I can appreciate that perhaps English is not one's primary language, but Jason ... you're from good ole' USA!

Maybe if there was flashing, inverted, italic 24 pt text describing the major areas!

Regardless Jason, unless you Internet access has been blocked completely (apparently not as you can at least get to HP.com), if you Google for : support center HTTP 403 forbidden message : you'll get some things to read about and perhaps ask your local network administrator about.

Cheers and good luck,
Art
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Jon, I think he *did* ask in a Windows forum.
*Just* as I was about to make a comment about using a browser on VMS, and one should *still* go to Google to get general browser network help, I looked up at the top of the browser window. How-in-the-Hell-come, above the thread message title, does THIS thread show as being in:
"IT Resource Center Forums > Microsoft > general" ?

FWIW, I get the message headers in the daily digest format. And, yes, it's Monday morning, and I'm only on my first cup of coffee, but the e-mail shows

OPENVMS: SECURITY
Subject: Error Message
URL: http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1303374

And, my Internet Exploder is set to "Check for newer versions of stored pages every time I visit the webpage" so I really don't think I'm getting stale data. Especialaly since I just dumped my cache and refreshed the page.

So why does the ITRC show this as being in "Microsoft - General"?

Is the ITRC database corrupt?

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Sheldon: I think he *did* ask in a Windows forum.

Of course not. The moderators moved this thread to the Microsoft forum.
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

LOL! All I ever see is either the link in the Forum Discussions list under OpenVMS (which opens to Microsoft General), or the e-mail Respnse that came in for your reply! :)

In the words of Emily Litella (the late, great Gilda Radner): "Never mind!"

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo