1752591 Members
2837 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Error messages

Ann Simmons
Occasional Contributor

Error messages

My computer constantly goes down. Three or more times a day I receive an error message:Kernel_Data_Inpage Error. Then my computer goes to a black screen that displays: Operating System Not Found-dumping virtual memory. It is also running extremely slow. I have written to MicroSoft and to HP but have not gotten any response. I have done two complete Restore/Recovery but still have the problem. Computer is HP Pavillion xt993 with Windows XP. I have done all the updates and downloads that I could find. I am not overloaded,have plenty of disc space. Had Klez virus but installed Norton.
9 REPLIES 9
Jon Finley
Honored Contributor

Re: Error messages

Any recent hardware changes/updates?

Added new memory?

Installed new software?

Jon
"Do or do not. There is no try!" - Yoda
Jon Finley
Honored Contributor

From Ann:
When the Klez virus hit my computer, I tried to install McAfee it never would install. Called Tech support they told me to do a DOS Scan and dump the virus. I did this but MaAfee still would never install. The only new progam that I have installed is Norton. Did upgrade to AOL 7.0 from 6.0. I have not added any new memory but have done the upgrades that is had listed but only after all this started. Computer was doing fine until the Klez and trying to install McAfee.
Thank you for your help.
------------------------------

On your postings.... reply only, you don't want to create a new message each time.

Jon
-----------------------------------

If McAfee is partially "wedged" but not fully installed, this could be part of the problem.

The article below talks about manually removing McAfee.

http://www2.mcafeehelp.com//displaydoc.asp?docid=60764

Jon

Jon
Ann Simmons
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Jon, I will try this tomorrow. I feel like this is what has happened or hopefully. At this point I will try anything. My level of frustration has about reached it's peak.
Ann Simmons
Occasional Contributor

today I received a different error message. PartManager.System Page_Fault_In_nonpaged_area.
would I still use the site you sent yesterday with this type of error also.
Jon Finley
Honored Contributor

This is a very generic error message.

In most of the cases it is do to the video driver, in others network, etc.

You could try updating the video drivers for your card, to see if it resolves the error.

Otherwise, we would need to see the EXACT error you're receiving.

Jon
Lance Ouellette

ann, I am having similiar problems with the very same type pc Hp Pavilion xt 993, I have reinstalled windows xp fresh del partitions, full format of ntfs, even the install has taken 24 hours. this is not right any one have any idea if the cpus or mem on this model took dump and we havent been informed or some setting on mb that is wrong or in cmos?
I have checked everything and the only thing i havent done is zero out hd and start again
Caleb Gaines

I've been working on the same pc with the same issues. I have tried replacing memory (the memory that came with the pavilion reported incorrectly in dos). I have also tried replacing the hard drive and the same error still come up. My only thought is probably a motherboard/controller issue?
nmf
Ed Klinkner

Do you by chance have a program called "Weather Bug" running on this machine?

If so, disable it and see if that solves your issue....

Ed
Valery  Gaulin

I have exactly the same problem with my xt993 + Windows XP. I had decided to put the unit away because I could not use it to work.
I made 2 attempts to get HP Canadian Montreal service center to look at it. They refused to take the unit and look at it because it was 1 month past warranty.
I concluded it was a real lemon!
Last week I went back at it and found the following problems in the Bios. Here they are spelled.

Resource Conflict - PCI Mass Storage Controller on motherboard
Bus: 00, Device:07, Function:01
Resource conflict - PCI in slot 03
Bus: 00, Device: 0F, Function: 00
Resource conflict - PCI Network Controller on motherboard
Bus: 00, Device: 72, Function: 00
Resource conflict - Allocation error static mode 01

Can it be fixed ?
By the way I have just contacted HP e-mail service to see if I get an answer.
Anyone has an idea for a solution beside throwing it to the garbage.
Denis Gaulin