1753797 Members
7299 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Flashing Vectra QS bios

Em Enriquez
Occasional Contributor

Flashing Vectra QS bios

is there a program i can use to flash an ancient PC such as Vectra QS/20? if so, where can i find one? Oh one more thing how do i access the BIOS setup of this computer (Vectra QS) I tried to press F8, F2, etc.... still it wont let me get to it.

thanks in advance
If it aint broke, dont fix it
2 REPLIES 2
Jamie Hughes
Honored Contributor

Re: Flashing Vectra QS bios

Hello,

You enter the BIOS by booting off of the setup disk that I sent you the other day. I don't have a QS around here anymore to test it for you. There are no BIOS updates available for that model. If we knew what kind of motherboard was in there, you might be able to get it directly from the manufacturer. I can't find any documentation on it anymore to tell what is in the box but it might be stamped on there somewhere.

Are you still trying to fix the same error message but everything appears to be working fine? If the error just suddenly started and the user can't remember changing or adding any hardware or software prior to the error, I still think it's trying to tell you there is a hardware problem on the horizon. If the error has been there for a while, I wouldn't worry about it if it's not causing a problem.

Best regards,
Jamie Hughes

Best regards,
Jamie Hughes
Joseph T. Wyckoff
Honored Contributor

Re: Flashing Vectra QS bios

I don't think you can flash the bios on a QS - flashable bioses became fashionable economical with 486's.

You might try a company that sells BIOSes (Phoenix?) - but you may pay $50 or more- enough to buy a far more modern motherboard.

Its probably a set of 2k ROM's or possibly EPROMS.

If that's the approach you choose, find a copy of computer shopper, and you might find an advertisement for a BIOS company.
Omniback and NT problems? double check name resolution, DNS/HOSTS...