Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder size

SteveC012
Occasional Visitor

Folder size

How can I increase the size of a folder in my C drive. I have 2 TB free in Drive but want to increase available space in my I tunes foler by 500gig

P.S. This trhead ahs been moevd from HP Support Center (Website) Feedback & Suggestions to Microsoft > general. - Hp Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Increase Folder size

What model HP PC/laptop do you have? What Windows version?

I wasn't aware of any folder limits.

SteveC012
Occasional Visitor

500-208a Desktop. The D drive (data0) has 2+ terra bytes but the C drive has 200gig. I want to tranfer 330g of music into Itunes programme buty it tells me there isn't enough room. So I figure I need to make some of the D rive available to the C drive but can't see how  

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>I want to transfer 330 G of music into Itunes program but there isn't enough room.

Folders are limited to the size of their drive.

>I figure I need to make some of the D drive available to the C drive

You can't.  If you could create a subfolder that's a shortcut to the D drive, that may work.

But you may have to move the whole Itunes folder to your D drive.