108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Ghosting/Imaging Norton ghost

SOLVED
Go to solution
Manoj Kumar A
Advisor

Ghosting/Imaging Norton ghost

Did any one try dumping the image through network using the norton boot disk in D220, D330 or D530. If so please let me know the procedure to connect through the network using the bootable diskette created using the Norton ghost 2003.

Please let me know if any nessacery files has to be edited in norton ghost bootable diskette.

I will be glad to assign!!!.
1 REPLY 1
Tim Van Dusen
Advisor
Solution

Re: Ghosting/Imaging Norton ghost

Technically this doesn't answer your question but it is a suggestion I can give:

Manoj I actually stopped using the Ghost bootable diskettes and instead use Nick Christou's Instant Network Boot Disk to log on to the network and attach to a FAT32 server share where both Ghost and Gdisk reside and where I store my images.

I find this is less tedious and much more versatile than using Norton's networking disks since I can also use this method to keep DOS based diagnostics and testing software on the server as well.

You can find the Instant Network Boot Disks available for download from just about any software site, and it's free.

Just be sure to get the proper D5** series NDIS drivers. You'll need B57.DOS for the D5**s and the E100B.DOS for almost any other Compaq/HP machine.