error message.
13 REPLIES 13
Paul Heffels_1
Frequent Advisor

Re: HELP

Sounds like a display driver problem. Try to find updated drivers for your
card. Then change the display driver to a standard VGA driver, boot again,
check if you can change display settings now, and if things work install the
(updated) drivers for your card. Hope this helps.
Glen Jackson

I don't think it's a driver problem... I've recently developed the same problem with my 3D Blaster Banshee... worked great for months and then suddenly it didn't want to switch out of 1024x768x24-bit. I reinstalled the driver, tried older drivers, and nothing changed. When I switched it to Standard Super VGA driver, I couldn't switch out of 640x480. I reinstalled Win98 (copy over) and now I'm stuck back with my Banshee Drivers but at 640x480. I will continue to search for a solution but I have a feeling my only option is going to be to reformat and reinstall Win98 from scratch. :(
Nigel Davies

I would go into the control panel > System Devices and update the display card driver back to "Standard VGA Display" ignoring the warning messages. Reboot accepting the Default VGA Mode and then re-install Banshee drivers via Installation CD / Update.
Sylvain Perron
Occasional Advisor

Hi

What is the kind of your video adapter card?

Thanks

Sylvain Perron
Sylvain Perron
Sylvain Perron
Occasional Advisor

Hi

Thanks

Sylvain Perron
Sylvain Perron
Sylvain Perron
Occasional Advisor

Hi

Thanks

Sylvain Perron
Sylvain Perron
Martin Lees

Has anyone received an answer that works for this. I've got the same problem i.e can't change resolution, play games etc and trying the usual stuff (re-installing drivers etc) does not work. The only way to fix it would seem to be to reinstall windows which isn't an option.
Martin Lees

i think I've found the answer from rooting around on the net - the answer would seem to be that if have Netmeeting running you get this error message!

Therefore if you disable it should work - I've tried it and it works!
Paul Phillips

Thanks Martin, you're a genius. I had this problem at work (and wasted several hours reloading drivers etc), and then I got it today at home. I have NetMeeting running in the background for remote desktop sharing. It seems that you don't need to shut down NetMeeting but just turn off remote sharing while you alter the display, then reactivate it afterwards.