1753786 Members
7920 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP DeskJet 722C

Kim_14

Hey Mare I just ran into the same problem myself

what I narrowed it down to on may machine was a conflict between Microsoft intellipoint 4.0 software for my mouse and the HP drivers
after uninstalling Intellipoint 4.0 my mouse would no longer work so make sure you have an older version handy to install afterwards
I used the intellipoint 3.0 drivers that originally came with my mouse
now my machine is happy again
hope this works for you
Kim
if it's not broken today it wll be tomorrow
Mare Cirelli
Occasional Advisor

Hello Kim,

sorry to say that I dont have a Intellipoint Mouse. I use the logitech track ball. But my printer worked fine for months then this happened.

I guess Im ready for an epson..

Thanks. any other ideas out there please feel free to post.

M
I'm always looking for advice and can't learn enough..
marco_13

I have had the same problem this morning with my HP720c.
I haven't installed new software in the last 2 weeks.
I have no virus, I'm a programmer and I know windows os
in all its aspect.
I've tried to connect the printer to other computer and it works
ok.

I've found the file hpfvls06.exe (7KB) in the system directory.
I've execute it and I've got the same message error, so I have tried
to execute it on the computer where the printer works and I've got the same
message error also here... but if I tried to print everything is allright.

I've tried to uninstall the printer driver and reinstall it but nothing
I've uninstalled all the software related to the printer and all they registry key
but always the same message.

Another strange curiosity:
If I tried to print from MSWord2000 or MSWordXP the pages aren't send to the printer
and the error message appear immediatly.
If I tried to print from MSinternetExplorer5.5 or Netscape or photoshop the error
message appears but the printer works and it give me the page I request.

My conclusion are: the problem are in some OS' dll corrupted by some software or some
bad action on the printer jobs. There is no problem in the HP software or hardware.
P.S. Sorry for my english! I've also an epson printer and I can tell you that the HP
is another world!!
Marco Giorgi.

Mare Cirelli
Occasional Advisor

Hi Marco,

I enjoyed your post. I have a programmer friend such as yourself looking into this for me. Come back in a week or two, I will post his findings.

So you really like your Epson? Im headed that way. I cant believe how the HP service has gone down. I always pushed HP to all of my friends. But just last week I talked to a friend and pushed them towards a Dell. You have to know when to walk away and cut your losses. This is the time.

Your English is better than mine. Take care and check back.

M
I'm always looking for advice and can't learn enough..
Jamie Hughes
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Have you tried contacting the DeskJet support group or posting a message in the DeskJet forum? That is the best place to have your concerns addressed since this is a Microsoft software forum and it sounds like this is a driver issue. Please post your questions on this topic in the Deskjet forum located here:

http://bizforums.itrc.hp.com/cm/CategoryHome/1,,415,00.html

Best regards,
Jamie Hughes

This forum is for IT Professionals discussing Microsoft system administration in a business environment. It is not intended for home users or discussion of Microsoft productivity applications.
Greg Simonis

go to your start menu, select settings and then control panel. goto add/remove programs and select your hp printer software and remove it. then reload your printer software.