Operating System - Microsoft
1752551 Members
4931 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP LJ 6P will not print Outlook98 email with attachment properly

Keith Jung

HP LJ 6P will not print Outlook98 email with attachment properly

When user attempts to print an email with an attachment to HP LaserJet 6P the text, well the text is not all there. There is no pattern to the letters that are missing, they are just not there. I have removed the printer driver, reinstalled it and it still does not print properly. BUT, if I change the font in the email from Arial to TNR then it prints fine. Also, if I change the font from Arial to TNR then back to Arial and then print the email it prints just fine. Why will it not print correctly the first time? Printer is setup as a local printer and is printing from the LPT1 port. Any help or suggestions would be appriciated. Thanks. :)
"You don't stop laughing because you grow old, you grow old because you stopped laughing."
2 REPLIES 2
Nathan Schaufler
Occasional Contributor

go to C:\WINDOWS\FONTS and find Arial. Open it and click print. If it works, then it's an Outlook problem... to fix: 1)defrag. 2)run scandisk. 3)hit it till it works.
zzz_2
Advisor

The other thing you can try is remove Arial from the fonts folder and move it back in. It doesn't sound like it would do anything, but it has worked in similar cases here. The easiest way to do this is open the control panel, choose the fonts folder, drag the font to the desktop (be sure it moves, not just copies, the file), then drag it back to the font foler (again, being sure to move the file - if it just copies it, delete it from the original location after it copies).