Operating System - Microsoft
1748180 Members
4387 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP NC6400 Laptop Hard Drive & Bios Disk Sanitizer

Richard philipz

HP NC6400 Laptop Hard Drive & Bios Disk Sanitizer

Ok.. First of all . I know I caused this issue but I belive somehow that it can be fixed. I got this computer recently and tried what I thought at the time was low level format. I went into Bios and did disk sanitizer.. oviously everything was deleted. Now i cannot reload my factory disk, or another xp disk. when i do in the inital blue screen setup it says windows dosent reconize a hard drive.. Now I can put vista on it for some reason it works no problems. anyone have any ideas how to format / partition this back to the factory settings so I can run recovery , Some program that i can run in vista? any help would be great..
5 REPLIES 5
Jasonpitt

Re: HP NC6400 Laptop Hard Drive & Bios Disk Sanitizer

you ever get this resloved? I am havin the same type of issue....
Trey Terry

I encountered a similar situation when doing a wipe-n-reinstall on an HP NC6320. You have to disable the Native SATA disk management option in the BIOS. Afterward, you should be able to run a Windows XP reinstallation without a problem. (You may have to reboot after changing the BIOS option). In my case, the machine defaulted back to using the Native SATA disk management option after WinXP reinstallation - which is preferrable since it is faster :)

Good Luck
nicole hedman

I encountered a similar situation when doing a wipe-n-reinstall on an HP nx7400. (used the sanisizer option in BIOS)

Could'nt reinstall any OS.
I disable a "diskoption"(the onlyone there was) in the BIOS.

Reinstalled a clean OS (not HP original disks) it worked.
After installed complete i enabled the option back to original setting.
JSantos_1
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

To install NON-HP OS you must have the sata drivers on your OS media or disable the Sata Native Mode on BIOS.

In terms of performance, the unit still have the same, what does that option do? Perform an IDE emulation, the HDD still is SATA and have the performance of SATA, but for the OS it's an IDE HDD and perform installation with usual drivers.

Cheers,
tick

thank u all i was stuck with the same problem just changed the bios setin wrkin fine now thank u again ppl