1748151 Members
3719 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP PS/2 Keyboard

jon slagill

HP PS/2 Keyboard

Just purchased this new keyboard and had a hard time figuring out how to get it hooked up to computer. No book or anything came with this thing. I downloaded the driver off the HP site but when I go to START/CONTROLPANEL/Printers&OthrHardware/Keyboard, there is no dropdown button configuration to configure the keyboard buttons. What am I to do? I have XP. Do I have the correct driver?
4 REPLIES 4
raadek
Honored Contributor

Re: HP PS/2 Keyboard

Have a look at this page:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=uk&dlc=en&product=356273тМй=en&docname=bph07178

It states:
"CAUTION: If you cannot configure the Multimedia or Internet keyboard buttons in Windows XP (the buttons tab is missing), download and install HP Multimedia Keyboard/Mouse Driver Update - sp26752 . After you have installed the update, restart the PC and configure the buttons again. This issue occurs when Microsoft update MS06-015 is installed."

Are you using this version of driver?

Link for download:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software7/COL15201/ob-40564-2/sp26752.exe

Rgds
Don't panic! [THGTTG]
Rich S
Honored Contributor

alot of the configuration can be done in the control panel under the keyboard icon.

This will tell you if you have the right drivers installed.

The OSD can be configured there along with some button configurations of the keyboard itself.

Rich

Say thanks with HP POINTS
jon slagill

Thanks. It's working now with your help. js
Rich S
Honored Contributor

Points?

Points are a way to say thank you to the person that has helped you solve your problem.
Only the question author can assign points to a given response. If you submit a question or new topic and another member replies to it, you will see a dropdown menu of points next to the reply (you must be logged in to see the menu). Select the point value and then click the "submit points" button. Note that you can rate multiple replies and submit them at one time. This is helpfull if you wish to give more than 10 points to any one individual.