Simpler Navigation coming for Servers and Operating Systems
Coming soon: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We will combine many of the older boards, and you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. If you are looking for an older board and do not find it, check the consolidated boards, as the posts are still there.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Pavillion 7965 Mac address

Harm Meijer_1
Occasional Visitor

HP Pavillion 7965 Mac address

Hi All,

I have an HP Pavillion 7965, as you might knwo it has an onboard ethernet card.

Also I have installed an additional ethernet card to communicate with a Motorola cable modem SB4100E.

The cable modem will only function with the MAC address of the additional ethernet card, so there for I have connected it to this card of course. But the modem still locks it self. This I can only overcome by disabling the onboard ethernet card, that I had hopes to use for another network connection.

Has anyone expirienced these problems before and or maybe someone out there has a solution.

Regards,

Harm Meijer
1 REPLY
Lance Brown
Esteemed Contributor

Re: HP Pavillion 7965 Mac address

The OS plays a part in this as well. What OS are you running? Have you thought about using a router? Not only is it safer, all machines would have Internet access and only one NIC would be needed fro each machine.

Lance