Simpler Navigation coming for Servers and Operating Systems
Coming soon: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We will combine many of the older boards, and you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. If you are looking for an older board and do not find it, check the consolidated boards, as the posts are still there.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Pavillion 8565C will not boot, cannot run recover program

J.Champion
Occasional Visitor

HP Pavillion 8565C will not boot, cannot run recover program

Our teenagers 8565C will not boot, we have checked all cables and have to unplug in order to boot. System cannot find fixed disk. When trying to run recover program, get "Failed to find attribs.dat in any lst files on CD1, Continue anyway" No ends and goes to C prompt, yes cannot find CD ROM and if bypassed further, screen locks at RECOVER Anyway. We are not very computer literate other than recreational surfing and input. Please help.
2 REPLIES
Ross Judd
Frequent Advisor

Re: HP Pavillion 8565C will not boot, cannot run recover program

Did you run (or create for that matter) a emergency boot floppy disk? If so make sure your computer is turned off, insert 3.5 boot disk, and follow the prompts till you get to "start in safe mode" (yes). from there,if you get that far, right click on "my computer", click on properties,click on tab "Device manager" and look to se if you see any yellow exclamation marks on any of your hard drives. if so, exit all and turn off. and repeat emergency boot, this time, try to run your System restore disk from there >d prompt. give it a try it can't hurt.
I'm not very happy with HP 6640c or this so called forum that has no answers to anything!
Jamie Hughes
Honored Contributor

Re: HP Pavillion 8565C will not boot, cannot run recover program

Hello,

If you're still having trouble, you should try posting in the Pavilion forum. There's a link to it just below this posting that says "Visit Customer Care for Pavilion Questions". I'm sure they could help you out since your problem seems to be with recovering the Pavilion.

Best regards,
Jamie Hughes