1752604 Members
4361 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP ProLiant ML350 G5 Special Server

thecomputerguy
Occasional Contributor

HP ProLiant ML350 G5 Special Server

I was wondering whether anyone has tried putting Server 2012 on a ML350 G5. I would like to do it, but I want to hear about compataility before I do it. 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Jags_21
HPE Pro

Hi,

Please have look at the compatibility list for proliant servers supporting Windows OS and as per the list only the Gen8 series are supported for ML350.

My opinion it might work when you install, but support will be very limited either from Hardware or Software point of view when there is an issue.

I would suggest always follow 'Support Best Practices'.

Click here for the Windows OS Support Martix for Proliant Servers.

Thanks,

Jagadish

-----------------
Was the post useful? Click on the white KUDOS! Star on the left side of this post.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
For HP Guided Troubleshooting; http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt

Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

Frans Ganzinga
Advisor

I did a few days ago, everything works fine as far as I can see.

Just get the management tools / drivers from a server that does supports 2012 like the G6 such as WBEM and the management homepage. Upgrading BIOS and Smart Array firmwares also worked fine (downloaded from the 350 G5's 2008R2 section)

Ofcourse I did this for a server I use at home and do advice serious testing before placing this in a production environment.