Re: HP QuickPlay Installation - Problems

nivekie

HI PEOPLE
Does any know where I can get the quickplay cd or software, I lost mine
thanks>>>>>
NRGTornado

I don't have any hp quick play cd can anyone do image file (ISO) and sand me to email or relize this image on sendspase.com and sand me link to this image.

I had the same problem. When creating a partition for the first time, I reserved 258 (not 204!) MB for the next partition, as many of you did. But I think that what made it work is that I didn't move the cursor to the line of the next partition after I was done with C. That is, on the screen, I was seeing only the line for the C partition (the cursor line) and the one in the line below, which had no letter assigned yet. Then I clicked enter to install Windows in C. This is really odd, but it worked for me.
krisna hari utama

Guys,
I`m having the same problem in my DV4030US. I try to install the QuickPlay software, but nothing happens. Only shows the Isolinux 2.08 boot up process, and from nothing, stop and the CAPS LOCK led indicator start to blink. I don`t receive any error message. I Try everything I read from foruns, HP on line help and etc.

My notebook came with Bios version f.13. I upgrade to F.16. I`m using Windows XP PRO Sp2 in Brasilian Portuguese Language.

Help? Please?

:-D
====

I have this same exact problem, but i'm sure the CD just fine because i've borrowed it from my friend who just installed QP on his computer...

is there any workaround?
I'm desperate.
Thank you before.
krisna hari utama

It seems that there has been something wrong with most of he original cd's shipped by HP with their systems. I think you'll need to contact HP and request a new quickplay cd

=====
downloaded the ISO for QP1 from internet,
make a fresh cd.

And still having the same problem... after booting with the QP cd, the cursor and caps lock led just blinking...

Please any help is greatly appreciated.

THX
krisna hari utama

Geez...
Please need some help.
Anybody? Admin?

Please... HP support... anyone...
getting desperate... :))
Teremok

I haveDV1000. A while ago I removed all partitions and reinstalled win xp.

To recover QuickPlay partition here is what I did.

Using partition magic I created 250MB partition right in front of drive c:

Put any format to it you desire.
Let's say first partition is 250MB FAT.

Apply changes, computer restarts, you got new FAT part.

Now, using partition magic delete 250MB partition. This way you will have 250MB of unallocated space right before your drive c:

TADAAAAA. You got your desired partition. Now restart with HP QuickPlay cd and it will install.
But my play button is not working on the PC. However OK button on the remote control plays the movie. Go figure.

If anybody can set up ftp and give me user and pass I will upload iso of quick play there.
drewzen

Hi all, here's a possible solution:

I recently reformatted my DV1250ca and installed Windows XP Professional (instead of Home edition, which was included with the PC). I created two partitions:

- one with full disk size minus 250MB for QuickPlay
- one with 250MB for Quickplay
- 8MB unformatted, unpartitioned space

I experienced the same problem as posted, and initially thought that my installation of a non-OEM O/S made my system "incompatible". I nevertheless read all of the replies on this thread, and discovered that most or all of us have been missing something simple.

The HP QuickPlay Instructions (unsurprisingly) aren't very specific - they indicate that QuickPlay requires a 204MB partition, which to me implies that you should create it. The solution?

Just don't create a partition for QuickPlay, it will do it itself.

When you make a clean install of Windows, create a partition for the O/S small enough to leave space (I used 258MB) for QuickPlay, but just leave it as unformatted, unpartitioned space. Install Windows, put your QuickPlay Installation CD in, and follow the instructions. Voila.

This is the first time I've ever posted in a help forum... please post if it worked, I'm interested to know if this was useful and if I've communicated myself clearly.

Cheers,
Andy
Teremok

Leaving unpartitioned 204mb is the whole idea. QuickPlay will find free spase that is not claimed by anything and make it its own. i.e. 204 should have no partition!
christianhoang

Could anyone can upload the iso file into a website such as megaupload for me plz. I think there are some problems with my CD as well. It run untill 60% than show that i don't have enough space or I don't have a Notebook that uses and supports Quickplay - but I do.

Thanks, or someone could tell me the reason!

i'm using DV1000T now!