Operating System - Microsoft
1752777 Members
5989 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

HP/Vista/Recovering files

Georgina Roberts

HP/Vista/Recovering files

I have just had the same problem as everyone else on this forum - I called HP technical help and the very nice Indian man said "Oh - you can only really open the files on a PC running XP - we have had issues with this and we haven't been able to sort it out yet"
I nearly dropped the phone laughing.
How can HP create and market a PC with a recovery/restore system that only works with XP and then put it on a PC running Vista?
I am dependant on my PC for business use and am seriously thinking of returning my HP PC (which is only 3 months old) to the store that I purchased it from and under the Sale of Goods Act ask for a refund as the operating software on it it faulty and is not fit for the purpose that it was sold for. It does not do what it says on the can!! (To coin a popular British adverting phrase!) Maybe they could buy me a version of XP so I can get it to work properly!! I know I am going to have a hard time convincing them - but I feel very strongly that I have been "misold" this "reliable HP system" (to quote the salesperson when I bought it)
I really don't want this hassle again. If the system crashed after only 3 months, and I will need another PC running XP to restore it.