New Discussion

Re: HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 x3421 Windows 10 Driver Support

SOLVED
Go to solution
kexsteve
Occasional Contributor

HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 x3421 Windows 10 Driver Support

Hello,

I wonder if there is any driver for Windows 10. I have been having difficulty finding especially for the network card. I am just using this for lightweight streaming and file storage so I don't want to get Windows Server for this.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro
Solution

Hello,

MicroServer Gen10 doesn't support Windows 10.

Please refer the below documents for more clarifications

HPE Servers Support & OS Certification Matrices

https://techlibrary.hpe.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/supportmatrix/windows.aspx

HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 QuickSpecs

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/getdocument.aspx?docname=a00008701enw#

Operating Systems and Virtualization Software Support for ProLiant Servers
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
Microsoft Windows Server 2016
Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7.4

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Hematit

Hello, I'm sorry but I'm little confused from your answer. There are a lot of Windows 10 drivers available in HPE Support Centre for HPE Proliant MicroServer Gen10 Models.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/km/product/1009955119/hpe-proliant-microserver-gen10-models?ismnp=0&l5oid=1009955118#t=DriversandSoftware&sort=relevancy&layout=table&numberOfResults=25&f:@kmdoctype=[cv60000005]&f:@kmdoclanguagecode=[cv1871440]&f:@kmswtargetproductbaseenvironmentlatest=[1009955119_Microsoft]&f:@kmswtargetproductenvironmentlatest=[1009955119_Microsoft%20Windows%2010%20(64-bit)]...

Could you please check and clarify these contradictory information again?

Is Windows 10 supported for HPE Proliant MicroServer Gen 10 ?

Is Windows 10 supported for HPE Proliant MicroServer Gen 10 Plus?

Thank you,

Michal

william hawkins
HPE Pro

Sorry for the confusion.     The OS Support reference mentioned above is the correct answer.    These are the supported OS's for the Servers -- take the driver versions compatible with the supported OS version.  For HPE Servers we typically certify only the "SERVER" versions of Windows.    So why is "Windows 10" confusingly mentioned?     Well the 10 items listed on the page you referecece, if you click on them will show a line like:

Operating System(s): Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) | View all

If you select the "View All" , Though you'll see this: 

Operating System(s): Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) | Hide all
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
Microsoft Windows Server 2016

So this particular download (and all with the "Microsoft Windows 10" tag) are applicable to MULTIPLE OS versions; including the officially supported ones on the MicroServer (from the OS reference pages these are,  WS2012 R2, WS2016) and unfortunately some that are NOT (W10).   Windows 10 is unfortunately going to be FIRST in the list given basic ascii based alpha numerice sorting algorithms. 

Why list Windows 10 at all?    Well  this is a generic link for this package, which could be applied to any of 100s of server models -- one or more of this OS's MIGHT actually be supported by some HPE server currently or in the distant past.  An Even better example: 

"HPE Windows Data Collection Tool for x64" 

Applies to everything back to XP -- but in no way should be construed as XP is supported on a Gen10 server. 

So start with the Platform / OS Page -- then only download items which are compatible with the Supported OS you chose AND don't be fooled if Windows 10 shows in the DEFAULT, make sure to "View All" -- your SUPPORTED OS should also be there. . .   Plus of course most packages should prevent you from installing on the wrong OS anyway. 

HPE Servers
I work for HPE