1753943 Members
8370 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPE Windows server 2019 ROK

Adz2021
Occasional Contributor

HPE Windows server 2019 ROK

Having trouble creating a USB boot up for installing HPE ML350 windows server 2019 ROK products. Server came with a recovery CD-ROM without the CD-ROM hardware to insert it. Time consuming. Please help.
3 REPLIES 3
AmRa
HPE Pro

Re: HPE Windows server 2019 ROK

Please refer below HPE article to creating a bootable USB key HPE USB Key Utility

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00029945en_us&docLocale=en_US

Creating a bootable USB key:

Installing the utility adds a shortcut in USB key utility program group in the Programs Start menu folder.

Procedure:

1..Double-Click the USB Key Utility shortcut in the USB key utility folder.
2..Complete each step as presented by the application:
a. Click Next at the splash screen.
b. Read the End-User License Agreement (EULA), and then select Agree and click Next.
c. Select Create a bootable USB key from CD/DVD, and then click Next.
NOTE: Do not select the Add an additional CD/DVD to a bootable USB key option with SUM 6.2.0, SPP 2014.02.0, or Intelligent Provisioning 1.60 and later, which no longer support Multiple-Boot environments on a single device.
d. Place the USB flash drive in an available USB port. Insert the media in the optical drive or mount the ISO image, and then click Next.
e. Choose the drive letter of the source, choose the drive letter of the target USB flash drive, and click Next.
NOTE: If the drive key is not present, click Rescan Target or insert a new one.
CAUTION: All data on the target USB key will be deleted.
f. Click Next on the warning message screen.
The USB flash drive is formatted, and the source contents are copied to the USB flash drive.
g. To display the README.TXT file, click Finish.
NOTE: The README.TXT file is only displayed if the ISO has one to view.

Adding content to a bootable USB key:

The USB key utility supports multiple images on a single USB flash drive if there is adequate space available on the USB flash drive and user are not loading content that works with a UEFI bootloader, which does not support multiple images due to security reasons.

Procedure:

1..Follow the instructions for creating a bootable USB key.
2. Double-Click the USB Key Utility shortcut in the USB Key Utility folder.
3.Complete each step presented by the application:
a. Click Next at the splash screen.
b. Select Agree, and then click Next after reading the EULA.
c. Select Add an additional CD/DVD to a bootable USB key, and then click Next.
d. Place the USB flash drive in an available USB port. Insert the media into the optical drive or mount the ISO image, and then click Next.
e. Choose the drive letter of the source, choose the drive letter of the target USB flash drive, and then click Next.
f. Click Next on the informational screen.
The source contents are copied to the USB flash drive.
g. To display the README.TXT file, click Finish.

NOTE: The README.TXT file is only displayed if the ISO has one to view.

Repeat steps 2-3 for each source media or image to be transferred to the USB key.

USB Key Utility for Windows

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_360731071b404454b454390208

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
Sebasbin
HPE Pro

Hi,

You can insert the Windows 2019 CD media in to your laptop and create ISO Image of OS.

>>Then access the server ILO from laptop.
>>Go to ILO remote console and select virtual drives 
>>Mount the Operating system image via ILO Virtual media and reboot the server by selecting image file CD-ROM/DVD
>>Set  ILO virtual CD/DVD as first bootable device and then boot from OS image to start the installation .

Refer https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00016366en_us (page 60)

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Adz2021
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, however that didnтАЩt work when the iso file was selected to the HPE USB program it still came with the same error message.
I ended up purchasing a portable CD/DVD drive and got it going.
I think the recovery disk was encrypted differently to a normal bootable DVD.
Cheers

Adrian