Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HPQTH08.EXE

baldy_1
Occasional Contributor

HPQTH08.EXE

When I start my computer I get this message:-
Application failed to initialize properly
(0X0000135)

Can some one PLEASE explain what this is & can it be removed without interfering with anything else??
1 REPLY
Jamesbond_2
Occasional Contributor

Re: HPQTH08.EXE

Log in to the system using a username that has administrator rights. Open a command prompt, then type the command:

CACLS /E /G BUILTIN\Users:Rwhere is the full pathname of the runtime file or other component to which the application requires access.

If you don't know the identity of the file that is causing the problem, you could try giving all users read access to all DLL and OCX files in the application folder and the Windows System folder:

CACLS %systemroot%\System32\*.dll /E /G BUILTIN\Users:R
CACLS %systemroot%\System32\*.ocx /E /G BUILTIN\Users:RThere is really no reason why any user should not have read access to any shared system files.