Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HX4700; External Audio Input

steven cole_1
Occasional Contributor

HX4700; External Audio Input

I would like to use a noise cancelling microphone rather than the HX4700 internal microphone when running applications such as Skype. Is it possible to use an external mic/headset with the HX4700 3.5mm jack socket or alternatively say the Bluetooth link? Any feedback on this subject would be appreciated.
2 REPLIES
Vibhor Kumar Agarwal
Esteemed Contributor

Re: HX4700; External Audio Input

Not sure,

But won't the input port on the back of sound card help you.
Vibhor Kumar Agarwal
steven cole_1
Occasional Contributor

Re: HX4700; External Audio Input

The HX4700 is a PDA so has no obvious sound card like a desktop. However, from another forum, I have been told that the 3.5mm jack socket is dual purpose offering stereo audio out and mono mic input, so this looks to answer my query. Thanks.