Hardware for Windows Server 2009

SOLVED
Go to solution
fsanchezd1d992
Occasional Visitor

Hardware for Windows Server 2009

Hello,

I have the following hardware for some years now:

PROLIANT DL360P GEN8 Intel Xeon CPU E5-2630 2.3 GHZ 6 procesadores principales y 12 procesadores logicos (X2).
RAM: 64 GB.

Now I have to update the hardware requirements because my ERP has been updated to a new version.

My question is with this hardware, I can have Windows Server STD 2019 installed without problems, if so, how long will my hardware last for new versions or firmware of Windows.

It may be a better option to buy a server already with new version hardware but under the same performance.

May I know your advice?

My SQL databases do not even reach 50 GB, how much do you recommend migrating from magnetic disks to SSD? How much profit can I have? I have in mind to acquire a server from HP.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings.

2 REPLIES 2
Ihaqueit
Trusted Contributor

Re: Hardware for Windows Server 2009

1. PROLIANT DL360P GEN8 Intel Xeon CPU E5-2630 2.3 GHZ 6 procesadores principales y 12 procesadores logicos (X2).
RAM: 64 GB

Answer supported Servers 2008/R2, 2012/R2, 2016, 2019, its running smoothly depend on your environment and network bandwidth and your load better to connect with UPS.

2. Now I have to update the hardware requirements because my ERP has been updated to a new version

Answer: ERP same time user connected check the bandwidth because if local user connected thru LAN no issue, but user connected thru remotly, server more accelerate.

3. My question is with this hardware, I can have Windows Server STD 2019 installed without problems, if so, how long will my hardware last for new versions or firmware of Windows.

Answer: After installation of Server should be update in settings after restart, working good no issue.

4. It may be a better option to buy a server already with new version hardware but under the same performance.

Answer: Its depend on user how many user connected to your Server, its only used for erp my suggestion no performance issue, but only check your network bandwidth.

5. My SQL databases do not even reach 50 GB, how much do you recommend migrating from magnetic disks to SSD? How much profit can I have? I have in mind to acquire a server from HP.

Anwer: As per question its not reach 50GB, means not accelerate too much data, better to try with your currenlty server, it should be working good, in future if any issue you face try to connect again.

One more thing, please check the SQL server, how many RAM its consumes, sometimes SQL consumes too much RAM , its effected the server speed.

I Haq
ManBha
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Hardware for Windows Server 2009

Hello,

I have the following hardware for some years now:

PROLIANT DL360P GEN8 Intel Xeon CPU E5-2630 2.3 GHZ 6 procesadores principales y 12 procesadores logicos (X2).
RAM: 64 GB.

Now I have to update the hardware requirements because my ERP has been updated to a new version.

My question is with this hardware, I can have Windows Server STD 2019 installed without problems, if so, how long will my hardware last for new versions or firmware of Windows. -
- There should not be any issues until the server firmware and driver are updated at regular intervals.

It may be a better option to buy a server already with new version hardware but under the same performance.
- It depends on the current requirement. Please do test the current requirement with the current hardware and monitor if there are any performance issues.

My SQL databases do not even reach 50 GB, how much do you recommend migrating from magnetic disks to SSD? How much profit can I have? I have in mind to acquire a server from HP.
- Please do check the hardware requirement. If the current server satisfies the requirement, please do deploy on this server and monitor the performance.

Thanks.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below and accept the solution.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo