108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Help on my computer settings

SOLVED
Go to solution
Emil Gillberg
Frequent Advisor

Help on my computer settings

I just got my hp pavilion 753n back from the Best Buy repair shop. The followinhg settings are messed up and I need help on restoring them back to normal.

First, the font/print on most all of the Internet Exployer Web Pages and Outlook Express is very large and I have to scroll down for ever to read the whole page. The only exception is on the my MSN Home Page and Hotmail where the font/print is so small I need a magnifying glass to read them both. How do I fix this to get it back to the normal font size?

Second, on the web page there is no address box where the "www. ......" used to be. How do I get it restored/back?

Appreciate any help you provide. Thanks, Emil
4 REPLIES 4
Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Help on my computer settings

In IE, Tools, Internet Options
Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor

In IE, Tools, Internet Options, Advanced Restore Defaults. Then View, Text Size, Medium. Finally right click on the desktop and select Properties then Settings and move the screen area slider to the right a notch or two then OK OK. If you don't see that option then you need a new video driver.

Ron

PS for the accidental partial post. Hit the wrong key.
Emil Gillberg
Frequent Advisor

Ron, Great, got everything fixed wxcept for my www. toolbar or white box. How do I restore that? Emil
Emil Gillberg
Frequent Advisor

Ron, Got it all accomplished. Thank You very much for your timely and professional response. I really appreciate your help and I know others do also. Points assigned. Emil