108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Herinstallatie Window Server 2016

SOLVED
Go to solution
Freddyh
Visitor

Herinstallatie Window Server 2016

Heb een HP Proliant ML 10 Gen9, is werkende, maar wil deze opnieuw installeren (gegevens vorige eigenaar verwijderen)

Heb een andere schijf gebruikt om te testen of de herinstallatie lukt.

Iso gedownload en geprobeerd deze te installeren, steeds terugkerende fout, begint met loading files, heropstart en dan bleu screen.

Geprobeerd met een iso van 2019, deze werkt wel, maar is niet geactiveerd.

Dan de schijf aan andere pc en dan lukte het wel om te installeren, schijf terug in de HP server, starte op, krijg evaluatieversie, dan key ingebracht die op de kast hangt, en deze wordt geweigerd.

De key opgevraagd van de oorspronkelijke schijf met daarop de geactiveerde licentie en die is degene die op de sticker van de kast staat.

Hoe komt het dat ik de nieuwe installatie niet kan activeren? heb ik een iso nodig die afkomstig is van HP en indien ja waar vind ik die?

Google Translated

Have an HP Proliant ML 10 Gen9, is working, but want to reinstall it (delete previous owner data)

Have used a different drive to test if the reinstall is successful.

Downloaded iso and tried to install it, keeps getting error, starts loading files, reboots and then blue screen.

Tried with iso from 2019, it works, but is not activated.

Then the disk on another PC and then it was successful to install, disk back in the HP server, booted, get evaluation version, then key inserted that hangs on the cabinet, and it is refused.

The key requested from the original disk with the activated license on it and that is the one on the sticker of the cabinet.

Why can't I activate the new installation? do I need an iso from HP and if so where can I find it?

6 REPLIES 6
Richard75
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

the key is probably not working because it is not a W2019 key, W2019 is not supported on the ML10 gen9 https://techlibrary.hpe.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/supportmatrix/windows.aspx#ml

maybe this will help for the blue screen: https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=sf000050687en_us&docLocale=en_US

I work for many years with HPE products, but i don't work for HPE so this is not official support
Freddyh
Visitor

I tried to install the server2019 to see if this worked and it worked, but I could not install 2016 on the server due to blue screen and then installed the 2016 on another PC which worked, then i put the disk into the HP server and it also works, but does not accept the license key that is on the server.
My question if I need a special iso from HP? Or is there a way to factory reset the activated server 2016 with previous owner data?

Freddyh
Visitor

@Richard75 

I want a fresh installation or factory reset

Richard75
Frequent Advisor

You can do a factory reset in rhe RBSU,  in the advanced settngs

And also do a fresh installatioon of W2016,  this servers are deliverd with no OS installed

if the ILO advanced license is installed you can mount a W2016 trough ILO for the installation 

I work for many years with HPE products, but i don't work for HPE so this is not official support
Freddyh
Visitor
Solution

So after installing the iso I had the evaluation version, it was not possible to activate it in the windows environment. I found the solution, I managed to do it via PowerShell, so my problem is solved, thanks for all the help.

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @Freddyh

Excellent! Glad to know you were able to solve the problem. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo