108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Hey Roger...

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jon Finley
Honored Contributor

Congratulations Roger. Keep it up so that we ALL can "Make a great Day"! :-)

Jon
"Do or do not. There is no try!" - Yoda
Pat Flanagan
Honored Contributor

Roger,

Congratulations!

And thanks for being consistent about assigning points to the answers to your questions. Great contribution and wish everyone did it.

This next part is directed to the forum monitors. I followed Jay's link to Roger's profile and noticed the following: "I have assigned points to 269 of 268 responses to my questions."

Looks like maybe a system glitch (assigning points to more responses than there have been).

Pat
Jay Bollyn
Honored Contributor

Pat,

Roger assigned points to a reply, which was subsequently deleted for some reason by Forum admin. Perhaps the reply had proprietary info in it, something like that. However, the points are not removed from the other guy's profile.

One sees this imbalance quite often, especially if points are assigned quickly (soon after the reply is posted).

- Jay
check Facebook
Pat Flanagan
Honored Contributor

Thanks Jay,

I hadn't noticed that before. Thanks for clearing that up.

Pat
Jay Bollyn
Honored Contributor

Forum Admin does not pay a lot of attention to us in MS land, but they carefully watch the HP-UX forums. It is not uncommon to see individual replies or complete threads deleted there. If some guy has a paid subscription to HP proprietary info, and then posts that info in a forum, that reply/thread gets deleted, and the guy gets a warning email.

- Jay
check Facebook
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Congratulations, Roger!!

Rainald
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor
Solution

Jay:

Thanks for noticing. I've been hoping someone might start a thread about this since I crossed the 10K mark back in January. It's not about ego; I'm just proud of the accomplishment especially with guys like Ron Kinner and Jon Finley in here. I confess that I probably had an edge over everyone else since I was essentially unemployed for 3 years during that stretch. I think I got involved to try to keep sharp during my unemployment (Gainesville Florida just wasn't the right place for me to launch a technology business with limited (VERY) funding). In retrospect, it seems I turned something seemingly negative into something positive. This seems to be a banner year for me starting with the 10K milestone in January, my 60th birthday in March, my daughter's 18th in July, my son's 21st in December, and 25 years of sobriety in November.

I'm happy the forums were here and that I got involved when I was out of work instead of having a "pity-party" and perhaps foiling my 25-year celebration coming up in November. I appreciate everyone involved in these forums. I'm always learning when I come here and I'm glad my contributions have been appreciated.

Thank you all very much.

Oh, I almost forgot, make a great day! ;-)

Sincerely,

Roger Faucher
Make a great day!

Roger
Jay Bollyn
Honored Contributor

Hey Roger,

Glad to see you back...you were gone for a whole week! I was getting concerned, so I sent the email.

I recall (months ago) we talked about recognizing your imminent 10,000 MS point milestone; and then I was absent from the forums for several months. So I missed the actual moment of the event.

I enjoy encouraging regular forum contributers with congrats threads. I agree such recognition is not about ego. It is about recognizing significant time, effort and expertise contributed, essentially, for free. IMHO, being paid for a service rendered is part of the social contract. It is what civilized people do.

We HP forum regulars have a little community here, which is quite unusual for an Internet group. I try to do my part to keep it going.

(end of sermon.)

- Jay

check Facebook
spex
Honored Contributor

Congrats and best wishes!

PCS
Indira Aramandla
Honored Contributor

Congratulations Roger,

You really are the Microsoft forum king.

Well done. keep up the work.

IA

Never give up, Keep Trying