Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hijack This

SOLVED
Go to solution
Erin_21
Regular Advisor

Hijack This

I tried playing a game with a friend on MSN Messenger and I had to download ActiveX and Flash but the game wouldn't work, I was browing in HJT and game to a line with a missing file something called a protocol, is it okay to delete it since the file is missing? HJT log included.
6 REPLIES
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Re: Hijack This

Hi,

this file belongs to the messenger.
You may want to reinstall it.

greetings,

Michael
Erin_21
Regular Advisor

Reinstall messenger? Does it have anything to do with me trying to play a game on it? Like trying to d/l activex and flash?
Jasdev Singh
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Hi Erin,

try this to download ActiveX and Flash

www.macromedia.com/shockwave/ download/activex/flash/ieWin32400.htm

activex.moonvalley.com/download_activex_controls.htm

and also install the DirectX 9.0 to play the latest game.

DirectX:
www.softwarepatch.com/windows/directx.html

jasdev
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Erin,

I can not confirm that. But since that file is part of the messenger I would try to get it back by reinstalling.

greetings,

Michael
Erin_21
Regular Advisor

Thanks jasdev.

You're right, not that I have had any problems with messenger except for some reason I had problems trying to add a contact but I didn't know whether it was just messenger or maybe because that file thing is messed up.
Erin_21
Regular Advisor

Question answered, thanks!