Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotkey troubles

SOLVED
Go to solution
Travis McClellan
Frequent Advisor

Hotkey troubles

I have a user that no matter the program that is open, any time you press the following letters: M, R, F, E, it will NOT type the letter but will minimize, open the Run function, open the Find function, and open Explorer respectively. I cannot find anywhere to turn this off or modify it. Any help wuld be appreciated.

Travis
2 REPLIES
Ed Grey
Advisor
Solution

Re: Hotkey troubles

Hmm, my earlier response has not shown up ... apologies in advance if there are two eventually. :)

It sounds like the Windows key is stuck. Try tapping both Windows keys a few times to unstick them, or swap out a new keyboard and see if that clears it up.

Ed
avivit
Occasional Visitor

Re: Hotkey troubles

i "stucked" my windows key in purpose, just to check it, and the guy is right. When it is pressed then adding pressed keys, like u mentioned do these stuff. Just like u said.
Nice to know that this key has more functions than I thought it had.