Operating System - Microsoft
1751940 Members
5012 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

How rip music cds to mp3 without gaps between tracks?

SOLVED
Go to solution
WillyC
Advisor

How rip music cds to mp3 without gaps between tracks?

On my XP PC, I use Win Media Player 11(WMP11) to rip cds to mp3 for use on my mp3 player. WMP11 is inserting gaps between tracks even when there is none on the cd (Beatles "Abbey Rd & Sgt Pep, for example). As a result, the musical transitions between tracks is lost. Years ago I remember there being a config setting in whatever I was using to record that allowed me to set the #secs gap between tracks. I assume there was also a "0" sec option. I can find no such setting in WMP11. Any suggestions?
1 REPLY 1
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: How rip music cds to mp3 without gaps between tracks?

Hmm. Looking through WMP11, I couldn't find anything either. I suspect, like a lot of software bundled with Windows, it's simply "good enough". If you want (advanced) features, you need to look at 3rd-party software.
In the past, I have used Exact Audio Copy. Takes a bit of work to get it running, but I liked the results.
Lately, I have been using iTunes (I like the playlists and podcast subscriptions). I'm listening to Abbey Road (which I ripped using iTunes) as I write this. One word: Gapless. :)

Finally, don't forget to APPLY YOUR POINTS! You have assigned points to 14 of 24 responses

WHY SHOULD YOU DO THIS?
There are 3 reasons why rating replies is such an important feature:

1.) Others have taken time to help you, so please give them credit for their help.
2.) Your rating will help your peers earn points toward their Forums status, and you will validate the quality of the solution you've received.
3.) Other readers will understand which answer best solved a problem, enriching the community knowledge being shared.

Points should be applied to EVERY MESSAGE in the thread of ANY AND ALL of your questions that have "Unassigned" next to the date and time. Go to your profile, and click on the "Questions or topics with unassigned points" link. The button to apply points is on the bottom of each thread's page.
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33
on how to express thanks here

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo