1752675 Members
5830 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to fix a recipient policy

Willie Strydom

How to fix a recipient policy

Hey everyone.

Our new network admin has recently registered an additional domain for us and then promptly went and updated the recipient policy. Problem is that not everyone is suppose to get the additional email address as a second smtp address.

We have now gone and removed the second smtp address from the recipient policy but it has not removed the second smtp address from any of the users. We have more then 3000 users so we can not expect him to remove it manually.

Does anyone know how I can remove only that particular email address from the recipient policy and all users without affecting any other second smtp address?

Thanx
:-)
2 REPLIES 2
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Willie:

You running Windows 2000 or Windows 2003 AD? (assuming your using Windows/Exchange).

One thing you can do is.. on the box with your Exchange Management Tools, go to AD Users and Computers, select all the users, right click and select Exchange Tasks. After that, the task you are looking for is "delete e-mail addresses". After selecting the task and clicking Next, you will be warned that you will be removing all e-mail addresses and that the users will not have e-mail capability. After you complete the task, i assume you can just go back into the Exchange System Admin and re-create the policy... recreating everyone's e-mail address. Not the best way to do this probably, but I lack the necessary vbs skills to tell you how to use VBScript to do what you want. If I find out, I will post another message. Will go talk to my Brother-in-Law.

The better way would be to use a vbscript obviously.

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

Willie,
You can use Microsoft ADModify tool:
http://workspaces.gotdotnet.com/ADModify

Also note that in Steven solution you may have problem with recreating everyone's
e-mail address if you have not standart SMTP addreses for some users.

Regards, Igor