Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to synchronize data between laptop & desktop pc?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sanjay Verma
Super Advisor

How to synchronize data between laptop & desktop pc?

Hi Friends,

I've the same os (Win 2000 professional) installed on both my laptop and desktop. How can I synchronize the modified files between the laptop & desktop?

Regards,
Sanjay
Co-operation - The biggest chain reaction
3 REPLIES
Marcin Golembski_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: How to synchronize data between laptop & desktop pc?

Marcin Golembski_1
Honored Contributor

Laurence Wingerter
Occasional Advisor

I go back to the DOS days when my favorite product for synchronizing machines or directories was PC Magazine's DirMatch utility. There was a Windows version but it didn't quite have the same utility.

I then went through several versions of Laplink to synchronize my laptop with my desktop over my home network, but I tired of phoney error messages that were always going to be fixed in the next release but never were. Upgrade pricing continually increased.

About a year ago, I discovered a product that works like the old DOS DirMatch, only better, much better. Check out the Beyond Compare product at www.ScooterSoftware.com. I highly recommend it. I think you can try it before buying, and the price is only $30.

If you don't have home network, then Laplink may be your only option for computer to computer direct transfer.