Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hp Brio BA 410 bios upgrade

Hp Brio BA 410 bios upgrade

I was having real serious problems weeks ago trying to install windows 98 se/windows 2000 server 0n a HP BA410 Brio computer. The initial problem was that the harddrive crashed . I replaced the hard drive to a 40gb drive that was not recogsied by the bios. I used seagate dynamic drive overlay (DDO )software and tried unsucessfully many times to install win98se or win 2k server.I say unsucessfully because I would get upto a point where 1st part of installation is completed.And when it boots it shows me an error of Inaccassible_boot_device.
What i think is tht the problem is with bios as it is showing me only 8445 gb instead of 40 gb.so can any one help me telling from where i can get upgrade of bios of REV-IO.07.08.this is version of bios which shows in setup.Or any one have other solution so tht i can install win2kserver of this senario.

I look forward to your response.
1 REPLY
Phillip Williams_2
Respected Contributor

Re: Hp Brio BA 410 bios upgrade

Turishi:

BIOS 10.07.10 is at
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?locale=en_US〈=English&pnameOID=21160&prodSeriesId=32894&prodTypeId=12454&basePartNum=vc3842&locBasepartNum=vc3842en&os=Cross+OS&tech=BIOS

Other information on BRIO 410 is at

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp?locale=en_US&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=32894&submit.y=9&submit.x=6〈=en&cc=us

HTH

Phillip

The world is divided into 10 types of people: Those who understand binary and those who don't