Operating System - Microsoft
1748269 Members
3757 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Hp dv3600 just showing not black screen, not even booting, no bios

aklohiya

Hp dv3600 just showing not black screen, not even booting, no bios

I bought a HP dv 3600 series laptop. It stopped working yesterday,and now just shows a black screen and does nothing. One peculiar thing that happens during starting is that the laptop first starts, then again gets switch off automatically and then again starts by itself. After that, it just shows a black screen and remains idle. Any suggestion what could be the possible problem and its solution.

Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
S_Logan
HPE Pro

Re: Hp dv3600 just showing not black screen, not even booting, no bios

Hi AK,

Please check the following Link:

during startup you see a blank screen. If the diagnostic utilities detect a specific problem with hardware components, the fan turns on, but the screen remains blank.

Troubleshooting Error Messages on a Black Screen that may Occur During Startup or Boot.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c00480483

HTH,
Regards,
Surendar
Note: If you are the author of this question and wish to assign points to any of the answers, please login and assign points.
For more information on assigning points ,click here :
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
aklohiya

hi surendra!!, thnx for your reply. But in my case, the screen even doesn't show any message. It is just plainly black. i am fearing if my motherboard has gone dead.. :(
S_Logan
HPE Pro

Hi AK,

If you feel, it is related Hardware Issue, Don't Delay Log a call with HP response center for further Diagnostics!

HTH,
Regard,Surendar
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]