Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hp tv tuner and pvr

Nicholas_42
Occasional Visitor

Hp tv tuner and pvr

How do I install and use the TV Tuner and Personal Video Recorder for my Pavillion dv1227us notebook?
3 REPLIES
billy_43
Occasional Visitor

Re: Hp tv tuner and pvr

Nicholas and Pat:

I saw your question and answers and wanted to follow-up. I just purchased a dv1227us over the weekend at compusa - they included the tv tuner/pvr bundle with my laptop as well (i'm not sure if that's where you purchased yours). However, being the laptop novice that I am, i did not realize that the tv tuner/pvr is incompatable with not only my version of windows (it came pre-installed with XP, not media center), but also the laptop in general (I don't think I have the a/v inputs to use the tv tuner) - am i missing something here, or is that faulty advertising to include a bundle that is not even possible to work with your laptop?

Please help if you can, and advise on what i should do (I've already sent an email to CompUSA asking them why they would make me pay/include this when it's impossible for me to use it).
Thanks in advance,

Billy
Pat
Honored Contributor