1752796 Members
5828 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

I.E7 versus Netscape.

Joe van Raamt
Super Advisor

I.E7 versus Netscape.

My web site does not show the new entries in Internet Explorer, but works fine in Netscape. Would anyone have a code to make it work in I.E?
please check source code on the link "Camerone 07"
http://voltigeur1.net/
c'est la guerre
14 REPLIES 14
Marco A.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I.E7 versus Netscape.

There're a lot of incompatibilities when trying to align the web page to all the web browsers.

look at this page .:
http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/011200-1.shtml

There're more differences, but my friend, the only way to achieve that is design the page the most standard for some usages.

Hope that helps,

Marco
Just unplug and plug in again ....
ed k.
Honored Contributor

Hi Joe, please let me know the results of your tests in IE6. By some reason, IE7 got a lot of bugs and holes in it. Some day they will be fixed...
:-) Ed K.
"If you see a house, you're convinced that there is a builder. If you see a garment, you're convinced that there is a tailor. If you see a universe, you are convinced that Someone created it." (R. Akiva)
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Joe:

It looks fine to me (Vista and IE7). Looks like you all had a great time, good for you!

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
ed k.
Honored Contributor

Joe, in XP & IE7 your web site looks ok to me.
:-) Ed K.
"If you see a house, you're convinced that there is a builder. If you see a garment, you're convinced that there is a tailor. If you see a universe, you are convinced that Someone created it." (R. Akiva)
Joe van Raamt
Super Advisor

Thank you for checking,I am happy that it works on other pc's with I.E 7. the strange thing is that it still does not work on my pc, it shows with the proper menu bar on my wife's pc, but she can not bring up the pics and on my son's pc it shows the menu bar all jumbled up and the links do not work. Maybe it is because we are on the same cable modem.
c'est la guerre
Jay Bollyn
Honored Contributor

Joe,

It looks OK here winXP in both IE7 and Firefox. In those three boxes on the left-hand side, nothing is displayed in the bottom box. Perhaps that box is not coded yet.

When I have browser problems, first I always delete the cache files in Tools, Internet Options, General, Browsing History. You could File, Export the cookies before deleting. Then import them back in if it turns out they were not causing the problem.

I don't think your cable modem is causing this problem. If the problem PCs are running winXP, you should be able to uninstall and reinstall IE7 in Add/Remove Programs.

J.
check Facebook
Marco A.
Esteemed Contributor

Hello Joe,

Actually your site looks good to me ..., but try to test it in both browser when developing !!! ..but it is nice ...good job!

Best regards,

Marco
Just unplug and plug in again ....
Joe van Raamt
Super Advisor

Hi Jay, I did make all those steps, but it remains the same. Last night I did ask a fam. memeber to check on their pc, but they could not bring up the new link "Camerone 07" up either. I can not do any programming myself and was hoping that most other pc's with I.E. 7 could view it.
c'est la guerre
Joe van Raamt
Super Advisor

Hi Marco, Thanks for the positive comment. Unfortunately I can not do any programming myself.
c'est la guerre